Definitions and interpretation
Data: Collectively all information that you submit to Hill and Sky via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the European Union’s 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
Credit & Debit Card Data: We do not take payment on our website, ask for or store credit card details nor do we share customer details relating to financial data with any 3rd parties;
Cookies: A small text file may be placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies)
Hill and Sky, we or us: Hill and Sky, owned fully by Aline Nienaber, a company operating in the United Kingdom, Surrey, West Molesey KT8 1SY.
UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 and the European Union’s 2018 General Data Protection Regulation;
User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Hill and Sky and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Hill and Sky and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;
Website: the website that you are currently using, https://hillandsky.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
When you join or submit an online form of Hill and Sky’s, you are asked to provide certain types of information about yourself and/or your chosen gift recipient that allow us to fulfill our service obligations:
Name and Location: your full name and mailing address.
Contact Information: the phone number and email address that we can use to contact you;
Package Selection: the package, download file that you would like to subscribe yourself to;
Payment Information: we currently do not accept online payments nor do we ask for credit card details. All payments are agreed through private contracts.
Marketing Consent: permission to notify you and/or your gift recipient of marketing campaigns unless you unsubscribe;
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR, Hill and Sky acts as the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for as long as Hill and Sky deems it necessary to provide adequate service to the User, unless explicitly asked by a User for their Data to be deleted.
- Unless we specifically say otherwise, your Data will never be intentionally disclosed to third parties for the sake of administering better service, but never for marketing purposes through various affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in the cloud and in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation. For more details on these two security regulations see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- Hill and Sky may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website and may be located in various locations throughout the world.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal account data held by Hill and Sky.
- You have the right to withdraw consent necessary to use the services provided by Hill and Sky at any time.
- You have the right for your data to be deleted from the servers and databases of Hill and Sky.
- Have the option to contact us directly in order to acquire any or all of the packages/gifts available for download without having to submit any online form.
- A User may revoke consent at any time.
- Data security is of great importance to Hill and Sky and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not always perfectly secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Hill and Sky to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie: Strictly necessary cookies
Purpose: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include google analytics and antispam filters.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalization settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- For any questions or concerns relating to the use of your User Data while using Hill and Sky, you are welcome to contact the Hill and Sky chosen Data Protection Officer who can be reached by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every user of Hill and Sky has a variety of rights relating to the use of their data while using Hill and Sky, including the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.